Our best choices
Best flexible: Fujitsu PA03770-B635
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 is a revolutionary wireless or USB high-speed cloud-enabled document, photo and receipt scanner that offers users the perfect combination of flexibility, convenience, and efficiency.
With its intuitive 4.3 inch touch screen and auto document feeder, you can easily customize your preferences using up to 30 customizable profiles for quick scanning and data utilization. Plus, it’s Wi-Fi compatibility allows you to connect directly to your smart device or cloud service without the need for a PC, so that you can place and use it wherever is most convenient!
This scanner also provides versatility by allowing up to four users to access it with their own individual licenses – making this ideal for large teams who want to share the same scanner.
Best powerful: Plustek Z300
This powerful scanner is capable of scanning 3x5, 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 inch sizes with both Mac and PC support. It offers a speedy 2 seconds for one 4x6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8x10 size photo@300dpi - that's 1000 photos quickly converted in just one afternoon!
Plus, the optical resolution of 600 dpi ensures detailed scanning to perfectly capture every moment. Not only that but it also features auto crop and deskew CCD sensors which make sure the images come out looking sharp, clear and vibrant. Lastly, potent image enhancement functions allow you to restore old faded photos with a simple click of the mouse.
Best value: Epson FF-680W
Its revolutionary single-step technology captures both the image and any handwritten notes on the back of a photograph in one go for complete preservation – which makes digitizing old photos an absolute breeze! Plus, at up to 1 photo per second at 300 EPSON dpi, it's the world's fastest personal photo scanner, so scanning thousands of photos is quick and easy.
What's more, you can batch scan up to 36 photos at a time using its advanced auto enhancement, red-eye reduction, color restoration and other features. With its reliable Epson FastFoto app (3), you can add voiceover commentaries or texts over your photos or create slideshows right from your smartphone.
Best budget: Doxie DX255
Perfect for home offices and businesses, this wireless scanner will simplify the process of going paperless. The Doxie Go SE is incredibly lightweight and portable, so you can easily take it with you as you go throughout your day. It works fast, easily scanning pages from paper documents and photos in seconds.
Plus, it has unlimited searchable documents to help store all of your important information without needing an internet connection or relying on another product's ecosystem. With the included software for Mac, PC, & iOS devices you can quickly save, share, and send documents, receipts, and photos to the cloud.
Best durable: Epson B11B198011
This powerful device gives you extraordinary enlargements up to 17 Inches x 22 Inches with a maximum scan area of 8.5 x 11.7 inches and TPU 2.7 x 9.5 inches for maximum control and quality. Reduce damage from surface defects on your film like dust and scratches with Digital ICE for Film technology, while easily restoring faded color photos with one-click using the included Epson easy photo fix software.
The built-in transparency unit even allows you to scan slides, negatives and medium format panoramic film! And it won't take up your time - because there's no warm-up time required thanks to the energy efficient Ready Scan LED light source meaning faster scans while consuming less power at the same time.
Additionally, you can convert your scanned documents into editable text with ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR - enabling greater productivity.
- The 9 Best Overhead Scanner - Best Deals
- The 9 Best Scanner For Scanning Artwork - Top-rated & In-depth Reviews
- The 8 Best Photo Slide Scanner - You Should Know About
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 Wireless or USB High-Speed Cloud Enabled Document, Photo & Receipt Scanner with Large Touchscreen and Auto Document Feeder for Mac or PC, BlackView on Amazon
Plustek Photo Scanner - ephoto Z300, Scan 4x6 Photo in 2sec, Auto Crop and Deskew CCD Sensor. Support Mac and PCView on Amazon
Doxie Go SE Wi-Fi - Simplify Going Paperless with The First Easy-to-Use Wireless Document & Photo Scanner with Portable Scanning, Unlimited Searchable Documents & Seamless Software for Mac, PC, & iOSView on Amazon
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1300 Compact Wireless or USB Double-Sided Color Document, Photo & Receipt Scanner with Auto Document Feeder and Manual Feeder for Mac or PC, BlackView on Amazon
Canon imageFORMULA R40 Office Document Scanner For PC and Mac, Color Duplex Scanning, Easy Setup For Office Or Home Use, Includes Scanning SoftwareView on Amazon
KODAK Slide N SCAN Film and Slide Scanner with Large 5” LCD Screen, Convert Color & B&W Negatives & Slides 35mm, 126, 110 Film Negatives & Slides to High Resolution 22MP JPEG Digital PhotosView on Amazon
Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner with Scan-To-Cloud & 4800 Optical Resolution, BlackView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to consider to buy a Best Rated Photo Scanner
1. Scanning Resolution - Scanning resolution is a very important factor to consider when purchasing a photo scanner. Generally, the higher the scanning resolution, the better quality images it will produce. Look for photo scanners with a minimum of 600 dpi (dots per inch) so that you can get great detail in your scans.
2. Speed - Time is of the essence and you want to be able to scan your photos quickly. Look for a scanner with an impressive speed as this will help save you time, making it more efficient.
3. Features - Do some research on the features available in each photo scanner. Look for scanners that come with features that meet your needs such as automatic cropping, color balancing, blemish removal and other editing features.
4. Size - If you will be scanning large photos or lots of them on a regular basis, then look for a scanner that is larger in size to accommodate your needs efficiently. On the other hand, if you are looking to scan smaller items, then you may prefer a smaller, more compact scanner.
5. Compatibility - Make sure the scanner is compatible with your operating system before purchasing. If you are using an older version of Windows or Mac OS, then this could be an issue if the photo scanner is not backward-compatible.
6. Price - Consider how much you’re willing to spend on a photo scanner. If you require high-end features and quality, then look for scanners that are priced accordingly. Always ensure you get the best value for your money.
All in all, the websites we have mentioned are great places to buy a photo scanner. They provide high quality products and excellent customer service.
If you have any questions or need help finding a product, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you in any way possible.